Langebaan Country Estate
SATURDAY 21 APRIL 2017
BUSES TO MARATHON START:
- Buses will transport runners from registration point at LCE to start inside Park.
- Last bus will depart from registration point at 06:00 (45km drive at 50km/h)
- Marathon starts at Tzaarsbank near Postberg on Western side of Park (sea-side)
- Half Marathon, 10km & Fun Run start at Langebaan Country Estate.
- All four races finish at Langebaan Country Estate.
- Routes are mainly through West Coast National Park, with Half Marathon 30% off-road.
- Refreshment stations every 3km and every 2km for last 10km of the Marathon & Half Marathon.
- Cut-off time for Marathon is 12:45, for Half Marathon is 11:15 and for 10km is 10:00.
- One race number (bib) will be issued. Registered athletes must wear their ASA license on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA license, so that the ASA license sponsor remains visible. Temporary licensed runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary license on the back.
- Temporary licenses will be available at registration. When registering, participants must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
- This is a RaceTec timing chip event for the marathon, half marathon and 10km. Except for juniors, all other athletes must wear a RaceTec timing chip. Chips can be bought for a large discount at only R100.
- Athletes must be 20 years and older for the marathon, 16 years and older for the half marathon and 14 years and older for the 10km.
- In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, licensed athletes will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vests. Licensed athletes may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
- Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
- For safety reasons the use of personal music players during road races is strongly discouraged. Any person using such device in contravention of IAAF Rule 144.2b who fails to obey a reasonable instruction from a race official may be disqualified and shall not be eligible for individual or team prizes.
- Juniors (born 1999 or later) wearing a junior licence or senior licence must display age category “J” tags, to qualify for age group prizes. Juniors will count towards Open team prizes.
- Club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes.
- No personal seconding will be permitted, except at official refreshment stations.
- No cars allowed in Park during race.
- Do not litter, Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using litter boxes near water stations and at every km board, or carry them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
- Juniors do not have to wear a RaceTec timing chip and can win a prize without wearing a timing chip.