Langebaan Country Estate
SATURDAY 6 MAY 2017
BUSES TO MARATHON START:
- Buses will transport runners from registration point at LCE to start inside Park.
- Last bus will depart from registration point at 06:10 (45km drive at 50km/h)
- Marathon starts at Tzaarsbank near Postberg on Western side of Park (sea-side)
- Half Marathon, 10km & Fun Run start at Langebaan Country Estate.
- All four races finish at Langebaan Country Estate.
- Routes are mainly through West Coast National Park, with Half Marathon 30% off-road.
- Refreshment stations every 3km and every 2km for last 10km of the Marathon & Half Marathon.
- Cut-off time for Marathon is 13:00 and for Half Marathon is 11:45.
- Licensed athletes must wear club colours and 2017 licence numbers, or a temporary licence number on the back of their vests for the marathon, half marathon and 10km races.
- Weskus Race Number must be worn on front of vest.
- This is a Racetec timing chip event for both the marathon and half marathon. No chip, no time, no result.
- Athletes must be 20 years and older for the marathon, 16 years and older for the half marathon and 14 years and older for the 10km.
- In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, licensed athletes will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vests. Licensed athletes may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
- Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
- For safety reasons the use of personal music players during road races is strongly discouraged. Any person using such device in contravention of IAAF Rule 144.2b who fails to obey a reasonable instruction from a race official may be disqualified and shall not be eligible for individual or team prizes.
- Only athletes wearing a Racetec timing chip are eligible for prizes.
- Juniors (born 1998 or later) wearing a junior licence or senior licence must display age category “J” tags, to qualify for age group prizes. Juniors will count towards Open team prizes.
- Club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes.
- No personal seconding will be permitted, except at official refreshment stations.
- No cars allowed in Park during race.
- No littering on route, use litter boxes near water stations and at every km board.